Finances - Budget Planning & Handling Money

All things 2008

Finances - Budget Planning & Handling Money

Postby jrsjr » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:01 pm

Finances: If we're going to collect money, we need to account for that money. It needs to be somebody's job to make a budget, post the budget and update the budget. That will prevent any and all questions about money.

The division of labor idea seems to be working so well that I decided to try breaking the different areas into their own threads. Let me emphasize again, that the idea behind this is to create an organization to handle the pieces parts involved in putting on a Cannonball, the ultimate gift to whoever will be in charge of each future Cannonball.

Who want to step up to the plate on Finances? Thanks!
John Smith
Cheering from the Sidelines
jrsjr
Auto-Stock

Postby RobertSF » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:10 pm

I dont think money should be collected. Its going to be more and more difficult to get support drivers, which is primarily what the $$ is for.

To get around that problem, I think the ride should be teams, each team with their own support.
Robert Benning
Super Stock P200

"You've got red on you"
RobertSF
Site Admin

Postby AirborneVespa » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:14 pm

RobertSF wrote:I dont think money should be collected. Its going to be more and more difficult to get support drivers, which is primarily what the $$ is for.

To get around that problem, I think the ride should be teams, each team with their own support.

This is a good idea. Rather than individual winners there could be a winning "team." Of course if you have 5 Vespa 250s in a group v. VBB 150s it's a disadvantage but the nuances could be worked out if people like this idea.

Overall time for each team averaged, etc, blah blah blah.
Michael Garrett
D.C.
1979 US Customs P210 Racer.

Sponsored by Simpson Race Products and Aerostich Riding Gear.
AirborneVespa
Manual-Kitted

Postby OopsClunkThud » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:30 pm

assuming support is done by teams and assuming we have classes and some form of point, place... system then I could still see funds collected for printing of maps, shirts, patches, stickers and awards like a 1st, 2nd, 3rd place patch and sticker for each class.
Patrick Owens
www.OopsClunkThud.com

2006 SYM HD200, 108%
www.sfmoto.com
OopsClunkThud
108%

Postby jrsjr » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:31 pm

Mistah Admin! Mistah Admin! Could you please move these posts into the thread called "Support Vehicles and Personnel?" Thank you! Thank you! Interesting ideas guys. Why don't you two become the Support Vehicles and Personnel Committee? It sounds like you may have a totally different perspective on this, which is what we were looking for. Maybe figure out a way to get folks who can't afford to bring their own support vehicles hooked up with other like folks and get them organized into teams??? Just a thought. Thanks!
John Smith
Cheering from the Sidelines
jrsjr
Auto-Stock

Postby AirborneVespa » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:38 pm

Honestly I think all the different posts and threads are premature though I admire the initiative.

I think the very first thing to do before everyone gets confused with map and routes and funding and SAG etc etc is to figure out what KIND of Cannonball it is going to be.

1: Just like before, just hammer the kinks out.
2: A more leisurly style ride with no race points awarded.
3: A fast and furious point a to point b style race and anything goes.

Once that is hashed out and settled upon THEN I'd divvy up tasks.

I think that divvying up tasks now is putting the cart before the horse as tasks and plans and arrangments would change if the Cannonball changed.
Michael Garrett
D.C.
1979 US Customs P210 Racer.

Sponsored by Simpson Race Products and Aerostich Riding Gear.
AirborneVespa
Manual-Kitted

Money collection

Postby JNV » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:41 pm

If this is to be a real committee I see no reason why money cannot be collected and accounted for. Like Patrick said, supplies will be needed. isn't there an accountant among us?
JNV
Manual-Kitted

Postby OopsClunkThud » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:34 pm

Heather (support) may sign up for this, she's out of town right now but that's her kind of thing.
Patrick Owens
www.OopsClunkThud.com

2006 SYM HD200, 108%
www.sfmoto.com
OopsClunkThud
108%

Teams and Support

Postby VespaWrench » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:29 am

Hello,
I am new to the board so I guess a little introduction is in order first off. My name is Chad and I work as a Service Technician for Vespa of Oklahoma. I have been riding and repairing vintage scooters since 1995. We (Vespa Oklahoma) plan to run a bike in each of the 4 proposed classes in '08, using our own support vehicle. I plan to personally ride in one of the two manual classes. The Team aspect using your own support vehicle seem to fit nicely with what we want to accomplish. So far we have myself and one other rider on board for '08 and have already started work on a couple of the bikes we will be using. Until the rules are finalized and the route is set, we are still playing things by ear. I also wanted to say that myself and Vespa of Oklahoma would be glad to help out in any way possible if there is a stop on the final route in Oklahoma City.

Cheers,
Chad
VespaWrench
Road Kill

Postby Bobo » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:26 pm

For those who don't know Chad, he saved my a** when my GTS broke down outside of Oklahoma City last summer on my way out west. Thanks, Chad, and welcome!
Bobo
-----
Coast2CoastX2 2006
http://bobovespa.blogspot.com
www.myspace.com/bobovespa
www.k94life.org
----
2007 Vespa GTV
2006 Vespa GTS 250
2001 Vespa ET2 70
1961 Vespa VNB 125
1957 Lambretta LD 125 - yes it runs!